Since the passing of our bond in November, we have been very busy working with our architect and construction manager to prepare plans for summer 2018 projects. Due to our short timeline, we can only complete a few projects but our goal was to reach every building in some manner. Here is what we will be working on this summer.
● install security cameras throughout the district
● Remove coat hooks and install lockers and West Shore
● Replace carpeting in the Torrey Hill Media Center
● Install air conditioning and remove and replace unit ventilators in the middle school
● Install sample flooring in 4 rooms in the high school
During the summer of 2019, we will be replacing the carpeting on the second floor of the high school. We will likely replace the corridor with a vinyl tile product and classrooms with carpet. In preparation for that, we have three flooring manufacturers who have offered free product for us to try, so we can test the durability of the products.
In addition to our bond projects, we will also be completing renovations in the “D” wing of the middle school using Sinking Fund dollars. These renovations started last summer and included the removal and replacement of walls and windows on one side of the hall, the remaining rooms will be completed this summer.
This would not be possible without support from of our community.
Thank you for believing in Lake Fenton Community Schools!