School Closing Information
If inclement weather, road conditions, mechanical failure, or
other emergencies require the closing of school, the following procedures are in effect:
- The decision to close school is usually made by the Superintendent between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.
- If a decision to close or delay school the night before is reached, notification will be immediately released.
- A voice messaging system may deliver an automated message detailing the cancelation or delay.
- Extra-curricular activities will be canceled at West Shore Elementary, Torrey Hill Intermediate and the Lake Fenton Middle School if school is closed.
- High School activities may still be scheduled. Please contact the high school principal or athletic director for specific activity information.
Many local television stations offer a text messaging system that can be activated to allow text messages regarding district delays or closings to be sent to phone numbers you register as soon as it is reported to the television station. Please refer to the television websites for more information regarding their services.
The following media channels will be notified for any closings, delays or special announcements for Lake Fenton Community Schools:
- WNEM-TV 5
- WJRT-TV 12
- WEYI-TV 25
- WSMH-TV 66
- FOX 2-DETROIT
- WDIV-TV 4
- WJRT-TV 7
- WWJ-TV 62
- CW 50