Taking Care of Your Chromebook
Each student is responsible for the general care of the Chromebook that he/she was issued by the school. Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken to the library or main office as soon as possible. District-owned Chromebooks should never be taken to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance.
- Chromebooks should not be used near food or drink.
- Chromebooks should be used with caution with cord as the cord may be a tripping hazard.
- Chromebooks must remain free of any personal writings, drawings, stickers, and labels (protective cases may be personalized).
- Chromebooks should not have heavy objects placed on or near them.
- Chromebooks should be transported with care.
- Chromebooks should never be lifted or carried by the screen.
- Chromebooks should be closed only after making sure there is nothing on the keyboard.
- Chromebook screens should be cleaned with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth.
Students may not personalize the outside of the Chromebook. It remains the student’s responsibility to care for and protect his/her device. Families may choose to add a protective case or skin to personalize the device. Some options will be available for sale at the checkout. Students will be assigned one charging cord with the Chromebook. The charging cords will be tracked by serial number. The student is responsible for the charging cord, and it must be returned with the Chromebook at the end of each school year or whne you leave the District.